Terms and Conditions - Game of Skill
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Etihad Airways (ABN 4012 3078 688) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 9am on 11 March 2019 and closes at 11.59pm on 31 March 2019 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open to all Australian registered travel consultants over the age of 18 (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, consultants must:
a) Sell a new Etihad (607 stock) ticket from Australia between 11 March and 31 March 2019. Only new tickets issued are allowed as valid entries (no re-issues).
b) Enter all required details and submit a written statement through the competition page www.flymetoparisetihad.com.au in 25 words or less answering 'Tell us what's your unmissable Paris experience?'
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Eligible Entrants are permitted multiple entries. One entry per ticket sold.
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
10) All valid entries will be judged on creativity merits by an Etihad judging panel throughout the promotional period
11) There will be 12 prizes on offer (1 x pair of Business flights to Paris prizes, 1 x pair of economy flights to Paris and 10 x L’Occitane vouchers for $50. Flights need to be booked and ticketed by the 14 December 2019 and will be eligible for travel until 30 June 2020. All prizes include applicable airfare related taxes. All additional travel expenses, insurance, ancillary costs, etc are at the winner’s expense.
12) Flight prize
a. Winner will be selected and notified on the 5th April
b. Tickets are subject to availability and no specific flight times can be guaranteed in particular during peak periods.
c. Tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash or other goods or services.
d. The following costs are to be borne by the passenger: travel costs to and from the points of departure, travel insurance, accommodation, excess baggage over and above the approved 30kgs, meals, levies and surcharges, and any other travel related expenses.
e. No Frequent Flyer points will be accrued as part of this prize.
f. Payment for taxes and airport charges must be made prior to tickets being issued and are payable by cash, bank cheque or credit card.
g. The promoters reserve the right to substitute any component of the prize at their sole discretion. No correspondence of discussion will be entered into.
h. The total competition prize is valued at a maximum of $20kAUD. The promoters do not accept any responsibility for a change in the Prize value.
13) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
14) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
15) Winners will be notified by email throughout the promotional period and by 5th April.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
16) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion
17) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
18) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
19) The exclusion of liability in clause 17 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
20) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities.
21) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Fringe Benefits Tax
22) Receipt of a prize may have Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) implications. To the extent that there is any FBT liability, this will be paid for by the employer of the recipient. The grossed-up value of a prize and any other Fringe Benefits the recipient receives during the course of the FBT year may be reported on the recipient's annual PAYG Payment Summary as required by taxation law.